Complex structural analysis of cornered shape water chambers of heavy-duty boiler
The Technical Institute of Faculty of Engineering of Szeged University received task to make a stress and construction analysis of a heavy-duty boilers fed by straw bales. Its documentation for manufacturing was purchased as a license from abroad. Main features of the construction and load of boilers are the followings:
- Its material: welding constructional steel;
- Large sized constructions;
- Cornered shape combustion and water chamber put into each other;
- The combustion and water chamber are covered by plate steel;
- Their stiffness are given by weld beams outside;
- Test pressure: 1 bar.
Solid Edge finite element method was used by authors to solve the problem. Regarding to the complexity of the construction the walls of the water chamber were analyzed separately. Results obtained by using the program were checked by different model investigations.